Martin Schoeller

 



Martin Schoeller


Martin Schoeller is a portrait photographer that uses the same lighting and tone in everyone of his pictures. He is normally taking a picture of someone closer up which is still seeing who they are but they all have a similar look. I liked his way of photography because I think you can really see peoples emotions close up. In his work as you look over it the people have different ways of showing emotion but not having it planned emotion. My project is to show emotion in pictures with not knowing exactly what emotion and if it was in complete focus but just to show the current emotion of that person. He has done work for magazine articles which in the cover a lot of people are either very serious or having fun and smiling. I based my work off of him and I think some of my photos are similar in the way he takes pictures but in my own spin on the work. I like how all his photos are for a reason but the face is what matters. 

GQ - DECEMBER 2009 - MARTIN SCHOELLER — GE Projects

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krista Van Der Niet

Arnold Newman

Sebastian Salgado