Color and Light

 


Nan Goldin

Color and Light

October 4th

    Nan Goldin was a photographer of many different talents and her photos had many different and deep meanings behind them. When we were looking at the slide show in class I really liked the picture of her and that man that did not look very happy at all. Just from knowing many people who have been in horrible relationships, that picture spoke to me. I love knowing why someone wants to take pictures because they are putting awareness out there even sometimes if they don't realize they are. 

    I like her work because of the aspects of Color and Light she adds into her pictures and of the meaning's behind the colors that she uses in those pictures. Nan Goldin was very impressive with really getting the message across in a lot of photos. I liked the two we looked at in class and I will put them below because of the color in the picture. She used lighter color of the picture of her and a man and then a very blue color in the self portrait. 

Whitney Museum, Nan Goldin, I'll Be Your Mirror, Folded Card, 1996

Nan Goldin: The Ballad of Sexual Dependency | MoMA


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Krista Van Der Niet

Arnold Newman

Sebastian Salgado